Social Media 101: Pinterest - Part One
What we’re covering:
Create An Account
- Connect to Facebook Or Twitter
- Finding Friends
- Following User or Individual Boards
Create an Account
A. Connecting to Facebook or Twitter
- Go to http://pinterest.com and click Join Pinterest.
- Sign up using Facebook, Twitter or your email address.
- Enter your username, email address and password you'll use for Pinterest.
- Click Create Account.
Before you can share pins on Facebook or Twitter, you'll need to connect your Pinterest profile to those accounts.
- Hover over the profile menu and click Settings
- Switch Login with Facebook or Login with Twitter to Yes
- Click Save Settings
B. Finding Friends
Connecting your Facebook / Twitter accounts make it easier to find and follow people from your social networks.
- Hover over the profile menu and click Find Friends
- Connect to Facebook or Twitter to see who of your friends are on Pinterest
- Click Follow under your friend's name to follow all of their boards
- Add your Pinterest username to the Employee User Name List and follow some of your fellow coworkers boards.
PRO TIP: Be social! Don’t just repin. Leave comments and start a conversation.
C. Following User or Individual Boards
Following a person means you'll see that person's pins in your home feed. If he/she creates a new board, you'll automatically follow it. Following a board means you see new pins added to that board in your home feed.
1. To follow all of a person's boards, click Follow All on their profile page.
2. To follow specific boards, click Follow at the bottom of the board.
Note: You can unfollow people or boards at any time – the person won't be notified.
Next Up in Part Two: Pins and Pinning